Sunday, June 23, 2013

We Resist You to the Face by Catholic Journalists (TIA Inc. 2000)

This book can be purchased here.

As with all the books I summarize, I take no credit for anything written in them.
With this particular book, I do not necessarily espouse everything these authors suggest, but overall - at least a few chapters in - it does a pretty good job giving a cursory glance at the problems facing the Catholic Church since the Second Vatican Council.

Right from the inside cover the reference is to Galatians 2:11:
"But when Cephas was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed."

It is based upon the true notion that one may, in very select circumstances and with all due patience, prudence and wisdom - resist lawful superiors, even the Pope, if he is found to be contradicting Catholic doctrine.

Without further explanation, I will get to Part I.

Continue to Part I...


No comments:

Post a Comment